Role / Experience
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated (Junior) Underwriting Officer to assist our Art & Patrimony underwriting team in delivering a high quality service, with some experience within the financial area, preferably insurance. A legal scolarship, law bachelor or bachelor in economics are required.
You will be in close cooperation with the underwriters, assisting with everyday underwriting matters and providing support for administrative aspects.
- Managing business in a cost-effective manner and in accordance with the individual underwriting authority level;
- Assist in underwriting new business according to the “guidelines” set out by our Insurance Companies;
- Assessing and evaluating Art & Patrimony insurance risks, measuring risk exposure and premium quotations;
- Preparing underwriting matters for existing accounts, editing endorsements and registering contracts and data;
- Controlling and issuing various types of Insurance documents;
- Handling day-to-day policy issues;
- Following up premium settlements in order to maintain an accurate management of the portfolio;
- Liaising and building up strong relationships with brokers and other network professionals;
- Knowledge of the brokerage in Belgium is a plus
Language skills – Dutch and French mandatory, English is a plus.
Accuracy and attention for detail
The right attitude to learn new skills and ability to absorb technical information
- Our offices are located in the center of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport
- Small team and pleasant working atmosphere / conditions
- Continuous skills development thanks to a strong technical environment
- Career in connection with Art, Pleasure crafts & Luxury goods.
- Position in the first Private Insurer in Brussels
- Attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits